I’m pretty sure none of my teachers ever read Massachusetts based artist and teacher Frederik Whitney’s (1858-1949) book Blackboard Sketching. My loss. We can read it possibly more easily than we can locate a blackboard because the entire book is online at the Internet Archive.
Tag Archives: teaching
What a great idea!
- Put a Poem in Your Pocket colour printable from Scholastic
- 8 pages of printable poetry fun with Shel Silverstein
- Poetry Terms from Education Oasis
- A selection of bookmark poems (example at left) from J. Patrick Lewis
- ‘Oops’ bookmark by Shel Silverstein
- Printable Poetry by Apples 4 the Teacher
- Poetry and Songs (most with colouring pages and/or crafts to go with) for Children from DLTK
- Poems in the classroom, Hands-on poetry & Shape poems from Scholastic
- Acrostic and Cinquain poem instructions and forms from The Teacher’s Guide
- Laura Candler’s Teaching Poetry page
A selection of Library Quiz Answers from Middle School (click here for more)
Information on dragons can be found by asking one of them in the office.
The purpose of OPACs is to say how much to sell crude oil for.
Reference books cannot be checked out because they are too big and heavy.
Fiction books are just a lot of stories, so they don’t get a rating number.
The Dewey System measures how cold it got overnight by measuring how much wetness is on the grass in the mornings.
When girls get their periodicals, they don’t go to swim school.
You can find words with similar meanings in Rogers Brontasaurus.