The poem is a screen shot from the downloaded PDF of the entire book shared by the British Library.
“We have released over a million images onto Flickr Commons for anyone to use, remix and repurpose. These images were taken from the pages of 17th, 18th and 19th century books digitised by Microsoft who then generously gifted the scanned images to us, allowing us to release them back into the Public Domain. The images themselves cover a startling mix of subjects: There are maps, geological diagrams, beautiful illustrations, comical satire, illuminated and decorative letters, colourful illustrations, landscapes, wall-paintings and so much more that even we are not aware of.” British Library Digital Scholarship Blog: A Million First Steps
To download an image from Flickr:
- Open the image by clicking on it from the photostream or set file
- Find the three little dots at the bottom right of the image and click on it
- Choose “View All Sizes” from the pop-up menu
- Click on the file size you want to download
- Click on “Download the (x) size of this photo”
To download a PDF of the book:
- Starting from the image on Flickr, click on the link to the book.
- Look to the right of the record and click on “(#)Related Resources”
- Click on “Online(#)” in the left hand sidebar
- Click on the title
- Choose “Digital item; opens as an Adobe PDF file” and click “GO”
- One file downloads (can take a while), save it to your computer