The Khan Academy has over 3000 videos on K-12 math, science and a few on the humanities. There are also practice exercises as well as activity tracking and other teacher resources.
How it works for students
Students can make use of our extensive video library, practice exercises, and assessments from any computer with access to the web.
- Complete custom self-paced learning tool
- A dynamic system for getting help
- A custom profile, points, and badges to measure progress
Coaches, parents, and teachers
Coaches, parents, and teachers have unprecedented visibility into what their students are learning and doing on the Khan Academy.
- Ability to see any student in detail
- A real-time class report for all students
- Better intelligence for doing targeted interventions
This resource is new to me. If you have any experience with it, please share.
- Khan’s Academy (astewden.wordpress.com)
- Khan Academy: The future of education? (adafruit.com)
- Education of the Future – Role of Teacher and Technology (4b2012.wordpress.com)
- Khan Academy feature on CBS 60 minutes (boilerbylaws.wordpress.com)
- Khan Academy App (igamemom.com)
- A Look at the Khan Academy iPad App (socialtimes.com)
- Khan Academy (q104.radio.com)
- YouTube Channel, Khan Academy, Shines During 60 Minutes Spotlight (reelseo.com)